Your car is like a pass to freedom. It is quite literally a vehicle for exploration. Once you get behind the wheel, the world is your oyster. This feeling of independence is something you’ve strived for since the first time you pedaled a bike around the block. Buckle up. Adjust the mirrors. Start her up. Crank the tunes. Where are you headed?
Most likely, you are heading to work, but let’s put that aside and talk about something a little more exciting . Instead, let’s pretend it’s the beginning of a long weekend. Maybe it’s Friday morning and you have the day off. The possibilities are endless, but there are a few things you can do to make it a happy trip for you and your car.
- Make a general plan. You need not plan every pit-stop, but having your final destination in mind is a wise plan.
- Bring a map (even if only as backup to your GPS)
- Bring your phone charger
- Pack a cooler with non-junk foods and water
- Check your tire pressure, including your spare
- Check your oil and bring a spare quart
- Take breaks to rest, stretch, and freshen up every 2-3 hours or so
© Rubberball RF. #RP02269.
- Bring a friend. Drive in shifts (assuming that you trust them to drive your car).
- Don’t be afraid to be adventurous, but be selective. Going an hour out of your way to visit the World’s Largest Toilet may not be as rewarding as it sounds.
- Drive at reasonable speeds. Staying around the speed limit is less stressful on you and your engine. Besides, the drive is half the fun, so enjoy it!
- Have fun!